We have designed many personalized nutrition and wellness programs that focus on the following goals:
- Optimizing body composition and promoting weight loss with realistic dietary and lifestyle recommendations
- Improving energy and reducing fatigue
- Relaxation/stress management/improving sleep quality/adrenal support
- Detoxification-supporting liver pathways to promote healthy detoxification-not the same as a laxative-type cleanse
- Improving blood sugar levels/hypoglycemia/diabetes/cardiovascular risk reduction/hypertension/high cholesterol
- Brain chemistry support to promote enhanced mood, reduced cravings, and better memory/cognitive function
- Hormonal concerns/PMS/menopause/perimenopause/male hormone imbalance
- Reducing inflammation
- Enhancing immunity and addressing autoimmune processes
- Gastrointestinal support: irritable bowel, inflammatory bowel disease, reflux (heartburn), gas, bloating, indigestion, food allergies/intolerances, Celiac Disease and gluten intolerance
- Dietary programs for cancer prevention and support during treatment, as well as restorative measures for after treatment has been completed
Truly Personalized Health Programs
While a lot of clinicians will promise individualized services, our patients tell us that is what truly sets us apart. There is no ticking clock as we take as much time as needed to review all of your information and instead of focusing strictly on a diagnosis, we take a holistic, comprehensive approach to evaluating and addressing the causes that led up to your current health conditions. The program that is created for you is extensive and detailed. This is not a cookie-cutter one-size-fits-all approach.
Some examples of hidden contributors to weight loss that we commonly uncover:
- Brain chemistry imbalances which can lead to anxiety, fatigue and emotional eating and stress is a major instigator.
- Low calorie dieting which can serve to slow metabolism and calorie burning.
- Unstable blood sugar which causes a roller coaster of blood sugar ups and downs that result in sugar cravings and mood swings.
- Addictions to allergenic foods (especially dairy, sweets and wheat products)
- Hormonal imbalances – Sluggish thyroid function that gets overlooked on standard lab panels, PMS, (peri)menopause, low testosterone
- Essential fatty acid deficiency – Eating the wrong fats can adversely affect brain chemistry and inflammation.
- Toxic burden – Toxins store in fatty tissue and the body is reluctant to burn fat to an unprepared system, so it slows down metabolism and calorie burning.
- Low levels of vitamin/minerals: For example, low magnesium can lead to cravings for chocolate, low vitamin D can contribute to aches and pains, which makes sticking to a plan that much more difficult.
What to Expect at Your Visit
Where to start: Before our initial one hour consultation, you will fill out detailed paperwork to help us understand your goals so that we can meet your expectations for success. I encourage you to be very specific and include as much information as possible.
You are asked to bring along any associated lab testing. I often find that patients have had very basic lab work ordered in an effort to find a diagnosis code, not to examine the subtleties that underlie symptoms and illness. It’s not unusual to find that a patient has a causal factor that has been overlooked since certain essential testing has not been performed. Perhaps it’s a food intolerance that has gone undetected and is contributing to fatigue, mood swings and bloating. It may be an individual with a diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome or reflux who is highly intolerant to dairy or who has insufficient levels of healthy bacteria in their intestine. Frequently we uncover vitamin and/or mineral deficiencies resulting in symptoms such as hair loss, chronic infection, easy bruising, constipation, brittle nails, muscle spasms, intense cravings, and/or a multitude of other common complaints. Perhaps it’s a missed diagnosis of Celiac Disease in someone who has suffered with a myriad of ‘seemingly unrelated’ symptoms. The list goes on. The advanced testing we use can help unearth your foundational issues.
Next step: After you have completed any necessary testing, you return for your 90 minute follow up. At this appointment we will review your Personalized Nutritional Program that we have designed based upon an extremely thorough review of your goals, testing and underlying issues revealed through our comprehensive analysis. This individualized program we create for each patient is uniquely yours. No two are alike since we have yet to meet two patients with identical concerns. It will explain in detail all of your findings, help to connect the dots between your symptoms and their underlying foundational causes and ultimately it is an action plan based upon targeted lifestyle modifications. Instead of focusing strictly on a diagnosis, we take a holistic, comprehensive approach to evaluating and addressing the causes that led up to your current health conditions. These non-invasive lifestyle modifications are supported by streamlined meal plans with accompanying recipes, as well as recommendations for exercise, relaxation and GMP-certified high quality supplements.
We take your current lifestyle demands into account with regards to helping simplify your plan but we do emphasize the importance of preparing healthy delicious food loaded with healing nutrients. We teach you how to think ahead so that you can stay well-nourished and prepared when you are pressed for time.
The fee for your initial 60 minute consultation, 90 minute follow-up, and comprehensive, individualized report of findings is $550. Future visits are $90 and the InBody Assessment is always included.
InBody Assessment helps to monitor your progress, define your metabolic rate so that your meal plan can be ideally suited to your unique requirements, and therefore will be performed at each visit.
InBody analysis uses state of the art testing to determine your body composition.
- Quick (less than 1 minute)
- Painless (clothes on/completely non-invasive)
- Accurate (Bioimpedance, highly reproducible and the most advanced, state-of-the art analysis)
Weight can be misleading when used as a single indicator of health. Your body cannot be expressed by just one number… more than 40 result outputs are given through an easy and fast InBody Test!
In less than 1 minute…
Your body composition will be analyzed, and your body fat percentage, muscle distribution and body water balance will be revealed!
The machine accurately calculates your Basal Metabolic Rate: Helps to determine your precise energy requirements so we can target your meal plan to your specific requirements and goals.
Here’s what your InBody Test will reveal:
Body Composition Muscle-Fat Analysis
Segmental Lean Analysis Body Water Analysis
Segmental Fat Analysis Visceral (Belly) Fat Level
To learn more about InBody advanced technology, please click here.