Did you know that the Gastrointestinal (GI) tract comprises 2/3 of our immune system and produces 80% of the immunoglobulins in the body? Obviously this system has a tremendous influence on the overall health status of our bodies.
You aren’t necessarily what you eat, but what you absorb. Multiple imbalances can adversely impact absorption of essential nutrients, so often GI symptoms are just the tip of the iceberg, which is why impaired GI function can lead to a host of other disorders.
Our state-of-the-art CDSA evaluates for commonly overlooked contributors to symptoms such as:
- Rectal Itching
- Food sensitivities
Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis: This advanced analysis provides an invaluable tool for navigating your path to GI restoration. It evaluates the following:
- Capacity to digest and absorb food and other nutrients by measuring levels of carbohydrates, fat, muscle and vegetable fibers in your stool. If excessive amounts of these food by-products are found, we may employ digestive enzymes to help digest and assimilate food and reduce symptoms of gas and bloating.
- Immune markers relating to inflammation which can occur in response to allergy and infection.
- Levels of healthy vs. unhealthy bacterial and fungal infections that may create a chronic smoldering inflammatory response leading to multiple GI symptoms and an imbalanced immune system (autoimmune disorders, weak immune function-getting sick more often).
- Advanced sensitivity testing to determine precisely which agents would be most beneficial for managing any uncovered imbalances. The testing examines the specific pathogens found on your stool testing in concert with natural and prescription treatment options to see which would be most targeted to your findings.
- Levels of Short Chain Fatty Acids which help to ward off undesirable pathogens and are also proven to help in the prevention of colon cancer.
With this evaluation we can then comprehensively approach GI support and restoration with a science-based 5R approach including the following:
- Remove: What do you need to have removed for healthy GI function, ie allergens, yeast, pathogenic bacteria?
- Replace: What do you need replaced to support improved GI function, ie digestive enzymes to support proper food digestion and assimilation, etc?
- Reinocculation: What do you need to support and/or reestablish a healthy balance of bacterial flora, ie probiotics and which type of probiotics would be most beneficial for your unique needs?
- Repair: What is necessary to support the healing of the mucosal layer lining your intestine to prevent or treat “leaky gut” ?
- Rebalance: What techniques would best be employed for stress reduction, ie deep breathing, meditation and exercise.
Doesn’t it make sense to perform a thorough evaluation so that we can focus on the unique contributors to your symptom complex instead of merely suppressing symptoms with medications and vitamins that may not be targeting your specific problem(s)?